Important Camp Info
- Residential campers only will have a two-step process for registration. Step 1 will be to register at the Field House from 12:45-1:30pm. From there, the campers will check-in to Hillcrest Residence Hall from 12:45-2:00pm. Coaches and Counselors will be available as you check in to help guide you through the process. Please make sure your children each lunch prior to coming to campus.
- Commuter campers only will register at the Field House from 1:30-2:00pm. After registration, your campers may leave with you to explore or wait on the main deck for practice to begin at 2:15pm. There will be commuter counselors available for any questions.
- After residential campers have set-up their rooms, they will gather outside Hillcrest Hall at 2:05pm with the counselors and walk to the Field House for an afternoon training session including a welcome/introductions and group assignments. Groups will be determined by gymnast’s level of competition from the last season.
- Only Coaches and Athletic trainers will be permitted in training areas due to liability and safety issues.
- Campers should bring a clearly labeled backpack to store their gear in during workout.
- Commuter campers need to sign in/out anytime they leave camp and return to camp with their commuter counselor. Please remember to bring a photo ID when you pick up your daughter so that we may verify who you are. Also if there will be someone else picking up your daughter please inform staff prior to the conclusion of the day. If for any reason overnight campers are being picked up please follow these same guidelines and checkout with the counselors at Hillcrest Hall front desk as well as informing your direct counselor.
- Gymnasts will need to bring their own supplies needed for camp. Example: Tape for ankles, wrist guards etc.
- Absolutely no food or drinks (except water in a closed container) will be allowed in the gym. You are welcome to bring your own water bottle if you wish. Please make sure that the bottle is clearly labeled with your name.
- We will be having different themes for each day of camp. Themes will be announced at a later date.
- Tuesday night, there will be a lip-sync competition, in which campers are encouraged to participate. They can participate as individuals or in groups. Please feel free to bring costumes, props, etc. to make your lip-sync one of a kind.
- Wednesday will be an open gym session that begins at 8:30 and ends at 11:10. Campers will show their camp dance at 11:10 and a photo session will follow.
Phone Numbers During Camp:
- Iowa Gymnastics Office: 319-335-9743
- Jennifer Green’s Cell: 319-930-7843
- Larissa Libby’s cell: 319-430-6339
- Vince Smurro’s cell: 732-947-7646