University of Iowa Field House
The Field House originally opened in 1927 and renovated in 1985, this facility houses 10 basketball/volleyball courts, five badminton courts, 16 racquetball courts, 2 Squash Courts, Cycling Studio, Group Exercise Room, 6 Multi-Activity Rooms, 10 Wallyball Courts, a swimming pool, 3 Classrooms, locker rooms, saunas and Recreational Services offices.
Additional staff offices and academic departments housed in the Field House include Sports Camps, Health and Human Physiology, Health & Physical Activity Skills, Lifetime Leisure Skills.
Homes for the University of Iowa Men's and Women's Gymnastics Teams are the Field House and Carver-Hawkeye Arena. The Field House also contains the Hawkeyes' practice area.
The Field House is at the southern end of Iowa's physical plant. It has been newly renovated to increase the size to 20,000 square feet in order to better accommodate both our Women's and Men's Teams.
225 South Grand Ave, Iowa City, Iowa 52242